Degrees Offered at Robert Morris University
Robert Morris University appears in our ranking of the 50 Accelerated Masters in Sports Management Online.
Robert Morris University (RMU) is a private university located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. The school was founded in 1921 with an accountancy curriculum with a starting student body of 262. The enrollment gradually increased each decade until today the school enrolls nearly 5,000 students. The original campus of 230 acres remains the main campus with a small expansion in downtown Pittsburg. The on-campus facilities allow 4,000 students to attend traditional classes. Since the advent of online education, RMU has expanded its student enrollment by another thousand.
RMU offers 60 baccalaureates, 39 certificates, 30 master’s, and five doctoral-level programs. The university is streamlined with a total of four schools, including:
- School of Business
- School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science
- School of Informatics, Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Nursing Education and Human Studies
An interesting factor about RMU is its honors program. Honors students at Robert Morris work with other students who value and excel in learning. The environment is challenging, and students in the program move into leadership positions in organizations and groups that hold meetings, perform extra duties, and advance the educational environment on the school’s grounds. Honors students must complete 27 hours of intensive studies and produce/defend a thesis that is criticized and judged by peers and faculty members. Many of these thesis projects are published through the school’s publication, and some are printed in local or national publications.
RMU is active online, with several of its degrees offered entirely in a virtual format. Though only 20% of its current enrollment are participants in online degree programs, the future looks good as the school expands its commitment to education for those who cannot attend traditional classes.
Whereas most of the effort in the online arena is in the area of graduate studies, RMU is finding a large audience for its online baccalaureate programs. Currently, ten percent of undergraduate students at Robert Morris pursue their degrees online. Those degrees are indicative of the 60 programs available at RMU and include:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics
- Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Health Services Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, RN to BSN
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Certification degrees at Robert Morris involve anywhere from nine to 27 credit-hours of study and are pursued as a standalone program or as a step toward a master’s degree. Of the 39 certifications offered by RMU, 18 are available online, including:
- Certificate in Cyber Forensics and Information Security—27 hours
- Certificate in Mobile Forensics and Security—21 hours
- Certificate in English as a Second Language—18 hours
- Certificate in Online Teaching—12 hours
- Certificate in Ethics and Legal Studies—9 hours
- Certificate in Group Dynamics and Conflict Resolution—9 hours
- Certificate in Leadership and Organizational Change—9 hours
- Certificate in Nonprofit Leadership—12 hours
- Certificate in Global Healthcare—9hours
- Certificate in Nursing Care Coordination—9 hours
- Certificate in Nursing Informatics—9 hours
- Certificate in Nursing Management—9 hours
- Certificate in Simulation Instruction and Management—9 hours
- Certificate in Business Analytics—12 hours
- Certificate in Inclusion and Equity in Organizations—12 hours
- Certificate in Labor Relations—12 hours
- Certificate in Project Management—12 hours
- Certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics Management—12 hours
Robert Morris concentrates its online presence in its master’s programs. Of the 30 masters-level degrees offered by RMU, 23 are offered entirely online, with the remaining seven involving intense lab work that cannot be simulated through virtual education. The masters programs offered online by the university reflect the same programs offered in the traditional classroom. These degrees require up to 36 credit hours of study and take two to three years to complete. Those offered online include:
- Dual Master of Business Administration/Master of Science in HR Management
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Data Analytics
- Master of Science in Information Technology Project Management
- Master of Science in Internet Information Systems
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Master of Science in Business Education
- Master of Science in Instructional Leadership
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
- Master of Science in Health Services Administration
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, Nonprofit Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing, Nursing Education: Simulation
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership: Care Coordination
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership: Global Healthcare
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership: Nursing Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership: Nursing Management
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership: Simulation
- Dual Master of Science in Nursing and Master of Business Administration Degree
- Master of Science in Nursing, RN to MSN
To complete their academic programs, RMU offers five doctoral programs including:
- Doctor of Science in Information Systems and Communications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Management and Leadership
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Adult Gerontology
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Family
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Psychiatric-Mental Health
Two of these doctoral programs— Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Management and Leadership and Doctor of Nursing Practice: Psychiatric-Mental Health—are available entirely online as well as in the traditional setting.
About Robert Morris University
RMU is named after the same Robert Morris, who was a signer of the Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, and Constitution, and was a heavy financier of the American Revolution. The university runs along the same lines with conservative values contributing to much of its programming. The school teams are dubbed the Patriots in honor of the founding fathers. The programs presented by the school concentrate on what it considers to be most important to the social structure of the U.S.—Healthcare, business, education, and leadership.
U.S. News & World Report ranks RMU as 202nd among National Schools, 159th in Top Performers on Social Mobility, and 110th in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs. The publication is impressed with the Robert Morris online program ranking it as 44th in Best Online Master’s in Computer Information Technology Programs, 55th in Best Online Master’s in Nursing Programs, and 83rd in Best Online MBA Programs.
Robert Morris University Accreditation Details
RMU is regionally accredited through the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Specialized program accreditations include:
- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)
Robert Morris University Application Requirements
Recent applicants have enjoyed an acceptance rate of 85%. Prospective students must deliver an official high school transcript or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Students with a GPA of 3.00 or above are preferred. And SAT or ACT score is also required, with students scoring higher than 1080 on the SAT or 22 on the SAT preferred. The school has a nonrefundable $30.00 application fee.
Applicants for graduate programs must present all official transcripts from post-secondary schools attended. Each school has a different set of parameters for entrance into their graduate program.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Since Robert Morris University is a private university, there is no difference in tuition regardless of the state in which a student resides. The tuition and fees run $31,200 per year regardless of whether the student is attending traditional classes or pursuing an undergraduate degree online. For students residing on the RMU campus, the room and board run $11,780. Graduate student’s rates differ from one program to another. Contact the appropriate school to find the rates for graduate-level programs.
The RMU Financial Aid Department works with each student to uncover scholarships, grants, or loans. Robert Morris offers several internal scholarships for students who prove themselves academically sound. The office also contacts each student with a list of external awards to which they may apply. Grants, such as Pell or Need grants are available through the Financial Aid Office. The representatives counsel students on collective debt before and after graduation. Because the school is accredited, Federal Student Loans are available for students in need.
Robert Morris provides students with an education that follows them for the rest of their lives. The school works hard to help students accomplish their goals. Graduates from Robert Morris University are well-grounded through their education and ready to enter the workforce immediately after graduation.